ARGYROUPOLIS - 2000
Type of Operation
Ministry of Culture & Tourism (13th ΕΒΑ)
Argyroupoli. M. Andrianakis (then 13th EBA, now Director, 13th EBA and 28th EBA) reports on restoration and excavation in 2000 at the single-aisled church of Ag. Kyriaki (Fig. 1). A Roman bath here was converted into a church: the original walls are visible nearby and incorporated into the secondary structure. Two layers of wall-painting are evident, the more recent belonging to the first decades of the 13th century AD. A medieval cemetery was located within the walls of the earlier bath.
ADelt 55 (2000), Chr, 1083
Date of creation