Chronique des fouilles en ligne
Respecter   tous les
  au moins un
critère(s) de recherche    Plus une Moins une Remise à zéro

Molykreio
Cartographie Impression Impression
Fig. 1
Informations générales
Numéro de notice 6502
Année de l'opération 2016
Date de modification 2018-08-27
Nature de l'opération Fouille - Programmée
Institution(s) ASA
Fiche(s) associée(s) 2014 - 2016 - 2017
A. Orlandos, ADelt 9 (1924/5), Parartima 55-64.
Notice

Molykreio. N. Kaltsas and A. Moustaka (ASA) report on continued exploration of the site mentioned in Thucydides (II.86) and Pausanias (IX.31.6) and investigated by W.M. Leake, W.J. Woodhouse and K Romaios before A. Orlandos’ excavations in 1925 and by the current excavators under the auspices of the National Museum and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2006-2015).

In 2016 excavation focused on the double stoa, indicating that it was built in 2 periods.  The earlier phase was the wing looking to the NE to the stadium, which extended in front of the stoa, which had 11 stone pillars supporting its roof (Fig. 1).  At a later date the stoa was doubled to the W and reached within a small distance from the temple.  This part of the stoa also had 11 columns, of wood, less expensive than the stone pillars.  The rooftiles of the stoa were Laconian and the SW wing is dated to the Hellenistic period.

Mots-clés Espace public - Revêtements (mur et sol) - Sanctuaire - Stoa
Chronologie Antiquité - Hellénistique
Bibliographie
Référence bibliographique Ergon (2016), 25-26.
Auteur de la notice John BENNET
AVERTISSEMENT
La Chronique des fouilles en ligne ne constitue en aucun cas une publication des découvertes qui y sont signalées.
L'EfA et la BSA ne peuvent délivrer de copie des illustrations qui y sont reproduites et dont ils ne détiennent pas les droits.